This video was produced and directed by Kyle Hausmann-Stokes (SSG), Army OIF 07-08 and recent graduate of the USC Film School. All of the Veterans featured in this video are combat Veterans employed in Vet Centers.
IF you cannot see the above video, please install 'http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer'.
If you have served in any combat zone, Vet Centers are in your community to help you and your family with readjustment counseling and outreach services.
You've earned these benefits and there is no cost to you or your family members.
What is readjustment counseling?
Readjustment counseling is a wide range of psycho social services offered to eligible Veterans and their families in the effort to make a successful transition from military to civilian life. They include:
* Individual and group counseling for Veterans and their families
* Family counseling for military related issues
* Bereavement counseling for families who experience an active duty death
* Military sexual trauma counseling and referral
* Outreach and education including PDHRA, community events, etc.
* Substance abuse assessment and referral
* Employment assessment & referral
* VBA benefits and referral
* Screening & referral for medical issues including TBI, depression, etc.
Does VA have readjustment counseling for family members?
Family members of combat veterans have been eligible for Vet Center readjustment counseling services for military related issues since 1979.
Am I eligible for Vet Center readjustment counseling?
If you, or a family member, served in any combat zone and received a military campaign ribbon (Vietnam, Southwest Asia, OEF, OIF, etc.) you are eligible for Vet Center services.
Where is counseling offered?
VA's readjustment counseling is provided at community-based Vet Centers located near veterans and their families. There is no cost for Vet Center readjustment counseling. Contact your nearest Vet Center through information provided in the Vet Center Directory or listings in your local blue pages. Vet Center staff are available toll free during normal business hours at 1-800-905-4675 (Eastern) and 1-866-496-8838 (Pacific).
More information can be found at www.vetcenter.va.gov.